The Vax S2 Steam Mop is one of the best selling items on Amazon in the kitchen category.
The steam mop is rarely out of the top ten best sellers. It is a powerful steam cleaner which will clean a variety of surfaces, which include tiles, lino sealed laminate and sealed wood flooring.
It can also be used to refresh carpets and rugs.
It saves getting down on your hands and knee’s and scrubbing.
Features of Vax S2 Steam Mop
- Sturdy and well made steam cleaner
- Cleans hard floors and refreshes carpets
- Environmently friendly as cleans without detergents using only steam
- Uses high temperature steam, which breaks down grease and grime. It will kill all bacteria, dust mites and other allergens
- Will give 20 minutes steam time
- Cleans without mopping and scrubbing
- The Vax S2 Steam Mop is economical to use as cleans without detergent
- Comes with a carpet glider boot for refreshing carpets
- Features an angled floor head which enables it to get into tight corners
- Includes two cleaning pads
- The swivel join on the head allows you to store the stem mop upright so it is easy to store
- The handle has a comfortable grip
- There is a generous 5.8 metres of cable which can be stored away on the handle when not in use
- Includes a water filter
Pros & Cons
- There are some complaints that the cleaning pads which are held on by a draw string and can become detached.
- Also that the water tank is difficult to detach and fill with water
Performance of the Vax S2 Steam Mop
- Customers rated the overall performance of the Vax S2 steam cleaner as good
- The cloth picks up a lot of the dirt. It was suggested to sweep the floor first to remove any stones or grit. Which could scratch the surface of the floor when you used the mop
- The floors dried quickly after using the mop. Generally leaving them smear free.
- Some people found the mop quite heavy to push around as it weighs 2.9 kg
- The pad does not quite get into the corners, one solution is to take the pad of at the end and use it to give the corners a quick clean
What’s in the Box?
- 2 year guarantee
- Vax UK based help line – customer advice available 7 days a week. This helpline has had mixed reviews some customers have complained of been held in long queues and that the service is very poor
- The box contains:
- 1 – S2 2 – microfiber cleaning pads
- 1 – Carpet guider
- 1 – Measuring Jug
- 1 – Guarantee registration card
- 1 – Instruction manual
- The Vax S2 Steam Mop is 120cm high
- The surface area of the Vax S2 Steam Cleaner is 24x24x28cm
- The cable is 5.8cm in length
- The steam mop weighs 2.9kg
How to Operate the Vax S2 Steam Mop
- Easy to assemble. The solid metal handle has to be slotted into the top of the appliance. Then mop head then needs fixing on
- You then fill the cleaning pad over the floor head and tighten the string
- Fill up the detachable water tank, then click back on the body of the steam mop
- The tank can be filled at the top or using the small jug provided
- The Vax S2 Steam Mop is then switched on, an orange light comes on when the green light appears you are ready to steam.
- The steam mop may take about a minute to heat up ready to steam. To operate squeeze the trigger to produce a burst of steam. Then move the mop slowly back and forth slowly across the floor
- Use the trigger to produce short bursts of steam. If you hold the trigger down continuously you will get to much water on the floor
- The cleaning pads can be washed by hand in a washing machine at a warm temperature