The Morphy Richards 70495 Steam Mop can be used on many surfaces.
It comes with all the cleaning tools and accessories you require.
The steam heats up quickly and you can refill the water tank at any time
Morphy Richards 70495 Steam Mop can be easily converted into a handheld steamer.
It can then be used to clean your work surfaces and oven. It can be on all types of flooring. Including including, sealed wood flooring and tiles. In addition it can be used on carpets with the special carpet attachment.
It uses steam at high temperatures which enables it to clean without the use of chemicals. The steam by itself breaks down the grime and grease on all surfaces.
Features of Morphy Richards 70495 Steam Mop
- Morphy Richards 70495 Steam Mop comes with 13 different cloths and tools to clean your surfaces
- Detachable handheld unit can be used to, get at all surfaces which require cleaning
- Comes with a bag to keep all the extra attachments and tools in
- Trigger control on the handle to adjust the amount of steam
- Detachable 400ml reservoir
- The Morphy Richards 70495 Steam Mop is very easy to operate with clear instructions
- Has a large variety of attachments for use on different surfaces
- Some users felt that the Morphy Richards 70495 Steam Mop appeared flimsy in construction. In addition it did not feel very substantial
- No switch to control the amount of steam needed
- Some users had problems with the steamer pumping out to much steam. Therefore leaving everything wet.
- Does not dry the surface which it is cleaning
- Instructions explain to use only distilled water. But most buyers used tap water
- Fitting the cloth for cleaning floors and upholstery can be fiddly and the cloth often falls off
- There’s also no heatproof pad to stand the unit on while it cools
- There is no hanging hook on the mop so you have to stand it on the floor when not in use
- Customers thought that the Black & Decker model was of better quality and leaves the floor dry when used
- The power cord is a little short. This means you need to keep swapping plugs often when you go around the house.When using the detachable hand steam. It was difficult to keep the attachment flat on the surface while pressing the trigger to release the steam
Performance of Morphy Richards 70495 Steam Mop
- The Morphy Richards 70495 Steam Mop is a handy size and compact
- Allows you to tackle almost any surface. Fom hard floors and carpets to kitchen surfaces and windows
- It will steam for approximately 10mons with a full tank of water steaming
- Customers complained that the way that the cloth fits on the plastic hose is fiddl. As a result the cloth occasionally slips off
- Found it difficult to clean work tops with the special attachment. To much steam came through the head
What’s in the Box?
- If the Morphy Richards 70495 Steam Mop breaks down. Morphy Richards will either exchange or refund your money. If the steamer breas down within the 2 year warranty. You have to register the product online or by phone to get the 2 year warranty. Otherwise you are only covered by a standard 12 month guarantee
- What’s in the box?
- 1 – Steam Mop
- 1 – Detachable Handheld steam cleaner
- 2 – Washable Micro fibre pads
- 1 – Carpet glider for carpets
- 1 – Accessory Kit – Contains the following:
- 1 – Extension nozzle
- 1 – Upholstery attachment
- 1 – Window cleaning attachment
- 1 – Plastic hob/oven/freezer scraper
- 1 – Angled jet nozzle
- 1 – Worktop surface attachment
- 1 – Q Crevice/Grouting brush
- 1 – Round brush
Operating the Morphy Richards 70495 Steam Mop
- The Morphy Richards 70495 Steam Mop comes well packaged. It is easy to put assemble
- Just needed to fill up the tank with 1 litre of water to get started. If you use hot water it takes less time to heat up
- The instructions say to never fill the tank with anything except deionised, demineralised or distilled water. It is unlikely that customers are likely to follow these instructions considering the extra cost. Plus it negates the environmentally friendly tag the steam mop claims. If you factor in the extra energy costs of producing and transporting the bottled water.
- The steamer has two steam settings the low setting is suitable for floorboards. The higher setting useful for removing stains and hard to clean areas